Monday, July 30, 2007

Great Rules for a Road Trip!

After a weeklong trip to California, we have made it home! We combined an airline trip and a driving trip, flying into Las Vegas and driving to the LA area. It was a busy week, but a fun one, with trips to the Aquarium of the Pacific, the San Diego Zoo, and Knotts' Berry Farm. When I got back, I found this great post by Paul Coughlin called "A Father's Summer Trip Road Rules." Here's a short sample:
These are the road rules your Father has for you as I look in the rearview mirror this glorious summer day. Rules for Good and not for Evil as we travel in this mighty suburban that handles so well, but also drinks gas like a football team at a drinking fountain. Listen to what I say, for you are my children and I am your Father.

When you sit next to your brother or sister, do not put your hands all over them as the heathens do. No, I say, do not. Put your hands in front of you; not to the left or to the right, but in your lap for this pleases me. Likewise with your feet. Keep them to yourself for they are yours and yours to be felt only by you.

There's lots more where that came from, including a very nice conclusion. It's the kind of thing you might put into a scrapbook, if you're into scrapbooking as I am. You might even build a set of pages around it.

Enjoy!

No comments: